This is one of our favorite recipes. It’s the ultimate comfort food, super easy to make and we just can’t get enough.
Super Easy Roasted Tomato Soup
- 2 - 2.5 lbs grape/cherry/medley tomatoes
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 3 cups chicken broth/stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5-6 Fresh basil leaves for the soup and more for garnish
- Salt & Pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a Dutch oven, place tomatoes and garlic and season generously with salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil all over and roast in the oven, uncovered for 45 minutes.
Remove from oven, immediately add chicken broth/stock, heavy cream and basil. Use an immersion blender to purée directly in the Dutch oven. A regular blender can be used as well- make sure to vent the lid of the blender as the heat and pressure will cause the liquid to splatter and may cause burns. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Top with basil and a touch of olive oil and enjoy!